The Club at Meyrick Park
Bournemouth, BH2 6LH
- Monday10:00 AM - 08:00 PM
- Tuesday12:00 PM - 08:00 PM
- Wednesday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
- Thursday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
- Friday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
- Saturday08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
- Sunday09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Need an appointment urgently? Call 01202 725090
WHAT IS SPORTS MASSAGE?
Sports massage is an effective technique for breaking down scar tissue, helping to relieve muscle and joint soreness and restoring length and balance to muscles. Sports massage is also commonly used to assist in the recovery of muscle strains, joint injuries and postural pains both in the acute and chronic stages of pain.
The function and performance of muscles can be significantly affected when adhesions are present. Although a sports or deep tissue massage can sometimes be painful, the positive effects will often be noticeable immediately after a session.
A course of treatments is normally recommended to completely break down all layers of fibrous adhesion and restore normal pain free joint patterns.
COMMON PROBLEMS WE TREAT WITH SPORTS MASSAGE INCLUDE:
- Aches and pains from sport or exercise
- Muscular tension and stiffness
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Postural issues
- liotibial tract pain
- Pre and post event treatments
- Symptoms of stress and anxiety
AS WELL AS THE BASIC TECHNIQUES, THE THERAPISTS AT TOTAL THERAPY ARE SKILLED IN ADVANCED FORMS OF SPORTS AND DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE, WHICH INCLUDE:
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release