Traditional Acupuncture is part of an ancient Chinese healthcare system where thin disposable needles are inserted into specific acupuncture points along the energy pathways (meridians) to treat or prevent health problems. It removes blockages to the flow of energy (Qi), and stimulates the body’s natural healing response, thus restoring the balance of your mental, physical and emotional functions. The focus is on the underlying cause of disease and all the symptoms are seen in relation to each other.
The Chinese medical system aims to treat the person, not the symptoms. In other words, each patient is unique, therefore two people with the same symptoms may receive different acupuncture treatments.
Acupuncture promotes blood flow, reduces inflammation, relieves pain and restores homeostasis. It also reduces stress and cause the release of natural painkillers (endorphins, norepinephrine and enkephalin). It can be used for a wide variety of specific symptoms and conditions, or simply because you feel low on energy or generally unwell (physically and/or emotionally). Others may choose acupuncture as a preventative measure to strengthen their constitution.
Please note: Trigger Point or Dry Needling, on the other hand, uses mainly muscle trigger points and works primarily with the physiological aspect of a muscle. Generally used for the treatment of Myofascial pain syndromes and dysfunction due to trigger points, tension areas and muscle spasm.
Acupuncture and Tui Na are important parts of the age old system of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The advantage of combining Acupuncture and Tui Na Massage is that it can greatly enhance and speed up the healing process. The aim is to promote a feeling of both emotional and physical well being. Based on the system of the five elements (wood, fire, earth, metal and water) its aim is to energise and restore balance to the associated organ and meridians, and thereby liberate powerful healing forces within the body. You will usually feel relaxed but energised after the treatment. The treatments can also be combines with Cupping, another part of the ancient Chinese healthcare system.
Both Acupuncture and Tui Na may be used as prevention, maintenance or healing specific problems ranging from sports injuries, muscle pain and sciatica, to anxiety, headaches, insomnia, infertility and menopausal symptoms.
- Adverse reactions to Radiotherapy &/or Chemotherapy
- Digestive Problems – IBS, Crohn’s disease, Constipation, Diarrheal, Indigestion, Nausea
- Emotional – Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, Insomnia, Nervousness
- Facial rejuvenation
- Gynaecologic – Premenstrual Symptom, Menopausal Symptom, Infertility
- Miscellaneous – Fibromyalgia, BP regulation, Chronic Fatigue, Boost the Immune System, Stress Reduction
- Musculoskeletal –Osteo/Rheumatoid Arthritis, Neck/Back Pain, Sciatica, Muscle cramping, Sprains, Stiff Neck, Bell’s palsy, Tennis/golfers elbow, Repetitive strain injury Knee pain, Frozen shoulder, Sport injuries
- Neurological – Headaches /Migraine, Parkinson symptoms, Post Surgery Pain, Post-Stroke Rehab,
- Respiratory – Asthma, Bronchitis, Common Cold, Sinusitis
- Toothache, Pain in TMJ, Tinnitus, Sore Throat, Dizziness
A safe, non-invasive technique used to clear stagnation and congestion in the soft tissues and meridians, by placing vacuumed glass or plastic cups on the bodys’ surface. It is an age-old treatment excellent for arthritic, muscle pain and spasms, particularly on the back, as well as for colds and flu. May leave cupping marks, which will disappear after a few days.
- Treatment is £45 for a 1 hour session, either acupuncture, massage, cupping, or a combination of these treatments, depending on the needs you have.